Unique Old Town, Fresh Market, Monk Offering and Temples visits!
A unique opportunity to visit Takuapa Old Town and to learn more about Thai people and their way of life. Walk through the streets in the old part of the town with a local guide to see the almost 200 year old houses that were built in the traditional style of that period. Visit temples in the area that show the difference between a Buddhist and a Chinese Taoist temple. You will have the chance to see how traditional cookies called, “Moon Cakes,” are made at a local bakery, and see what you can find at the local market. You also will visit the Saori Foundation is a women’s workshop which develops its own textile designs after a Japanese monk showed tsunami survivors how to weave and earn a living.
Tour details & availability:
Half day. English speaking guide.
Tour can be booked on request. Minimum 4 persons.
Tour starts at 04.30H and you will be back in your hotel by approximately 13.00H.
Trip Advisor quotes:
Zdenkavdb Sydney, Australia‘We were fortunate to have a wonderful guide, Boyd, he was so informative and did his very best to answer our questions about Thai culture and introduce us to some really delicious street food. A very special day for us.’
• 05:00 to 05:30hrs – Pick up from your hotel
• Stop at Fresh market where you can buy food to offer to the Buddhist monks
• Experience and taste Tim Sum
• Visit a local school and the local “Moon Cake” bakery
• Walk and see the architecture of old town, shops, foods, and learn about the history
• Visit Thai Buddhist and Chinese temple
• Monk Chat
• After the light lunch, visit the Saori Foundation
• 13:30 to 14:00hrs – Return to your hotel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you cancel the trip at least one day in advance we charge 5% handling fee. If you cancel on the tour day or don’t show up, we charge 100%.