Canoeing in a Pristine Banyan Tree Forest, Unique Takuapa Old Town and Temples visits!
Prepare yourself for a journey to the long lost zone of, “Little Amazon,” a hidden Banyan Tree forest near Takuapa. Canoeing under the canopy of the giant Banyan tree forest is peaceful and serene. Make your way to a Nipa Palm forest where you will hear the songs of local birds along the Klong Sung Nae River. Travel to Takuapa Old Town by a local Thai taxi “Songteaw” and see the traditional life and culture of this small and historical town which has remained nearly unchanged for more than a hundred years. See the period style buildings, small coffee shops, and of course, the most famous part of Takuap, the old tin mines and factories that were worked until their close in the 1920’s..
Tour details & availability:
Full day tour. Lunch on tour.
Minimum 4 persons.
Tour with English and German speaking guides.
Tour starts at 09.00H and you will be back in your hotel by
Trip Advisor quotes:
Kylie Z. Newcastle, Australia The old town trip took us a number of places including a canoe trip on the river, Chinatown and a lovely lunch in the hills and a quick trip to the nearby waterfall. Otto was our guide on that day and he was very good swapping between English and German so that all bases were.
• 08:30 to 09:00hrs – Pick up from your hotel
• Short stop at a cashew nut factory
• Canoe through the “Lost Zone Amazon” jungle
• After lunch visit the local Takuapa fresh market
• Sightseeing by original local Taxi “Songteaw” to see the old tin mining factory, buffalos and old village
• Visit a Thai Buddhist and a Chinese Temple
• Experience and taste our local Thai “Café Boran”
• 15:30 to 16:00hrs – Return to your hotel
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you cancel the trip at least one day in advance we charge 5% handling fee. If you cancel on the tour day or don’t show up, we charge 100%.